Arrábida Dream | Spring has Sprung

March 21, 2017 Parque Natural Da Serra da Arrábida




It is warm today, I can't believe Spring really came this soon !!! So I decided to go Serra da Arrábida Natural Park...adventurous may have a more appropriate adjective for this trip. I usually come here every week in the Summer time, because is my favorite place to go to the beach - All the beaches here are the prettiest, with clear water, fine sand and amazing views to the landscape.



A green jewel on the coast of the Sado Estuary, Arrábida Natural Park is a protected region blanketed by Mediterranean vegetation making this place one of the most beautiful places you can visit in Lisbon. Dotted by idyllic beaches and secret coves and just two steps from Setúbal, a fishing town where the grill always smells of the freshest fish, the Parque Natural da Serra da Arrábida represents a peaceful, natural and protected encounter between land and sea. Exploring around here you'll see the various roads, find forts, museums, convents, hermitages, retreats, palaces and unforgettable beaches. But to venture further along trails, you’ll need to book a visit with the park services, as they are not open to the public. The Mediterranean vegetation and wildlife consisting of hundreds of species of butterflies, birds and mammals show the efforts made to protect this area. Just Put on a pair of comfortable shoes, don’t forget your bathing costume and explore the magic of these unique hills, just a few kilometres from Lisbon.



Up, up the hill I go...


The views are just breathtaking...




The little road around the Arrábida offers some superb views on the ocean, the river, and the Troia peninsula. By a bright sunny day, the experience is marvelous, you can see the most beautiful sky and sea, although today wasn't to bad.

Truly a piece of paradise on Earth.


Down the hill I go and the mountain meets the ocean...


Such a beautiful bay that it's called Portinho da Arrábida. It's one of the beaches that I come every Summer, the magic of this place cannot be described.


Golden hour time...



While the sun was setting I went down town Setúbal witch is located in between the hills and ocean, perfect for a walk.


I could spend a lifetime peering up at this view while the sun is setting down and saying “oh look at that fabulous sunset!”
I'm a really lucky gal to live near by this paradise and I can say that "I come here any time I want!"

 I thoroughly recommend popping by if you get a chance! You will regret if you come to Lisbon and not stopping by this amazing place.




Post a Comment

© sofia catita world. Design by Fearne.