Exploring Vila Longa (Viseu) | Back To My Roots (Part II)

August 14, 2017 Vila Longa, 3560, Portugal



VILA LONGA (Part II)


I went to Vila Longa a couple of weeks ago and fell in love with the surroundings and the fact that it brought back a lot of memories that I lived in childhood times (You can read my previous post here). So I decided to go back for a weekend and explore more, no particular reason, just a very special place to me and this time I headed off the town in search of the nature and see some of my moms terrains and at the same time energizing my body and spirit and of corse I had to take my dog Diego for a day of exploration, Dobermans love to explore. Also, I discovered a cave on top of the hills hidden in between the rocks, it's called Mina da Gralheira (Gralheira mine). A huge cave marks the peculiarity of the method of exploitation, by creating large voids supported by natural columns. The mineralization arms in reefs and applitic-pegmatite masses intruded in a porphyritic granite, there was a big exploration of Ancient quartz, Beryl, feldspar and secondary minerals columbite and tantalite (I brought some home).

I leave you with the photos that I took while exploring this beautiful land of stone.






In the end it turned out a weekend full of surprises specially when I got to celebrate the Sunset with my hubby and Diego, that was the highlight of this adventure. Can't wait for the next sunset...


Post a Comment

© sofia catita world. Design by Fearne.