Sweet Easter | Bolo de Bolacha Catita

April 15, 2017



Bolo de Bolacha is a very popular traditional Portuguese dessert. It is a cake made of Maria Biscuits and a cream made of butter, sugar and eggs. Before using the biscuits for the cake they are dipped into some strong coffee. Then Bolo de Bolacha is made of layers of Maria Biscuits and cream. The dessert is very tasty, rather easy to prepare and goes well for any occasions. Nowadays, other ingredients can be used to make Bolo de Bolacha like whipping cream, some nuts or coconut or other kinds of biscuits.

This is usually the recipe made by mothers in Portugal, especially between Spring and Summer. It’s fresh, easy and kids love it! It’s one of those Portuguese desserts that everyone has at one point or another tried like myself...I remember making this cake with my best friend in the childhood (great times). It is, probably, the dessert most loved in Portugal.

I love the original recipe, but I always try to make my own twist on a "healthier" version like this one that I made, i tried to cut a lot of the animal products because its my option and also I used fructose instead of refined sugar, soy Mary cookies instead of the regular ones...but of coarse you can still use the ingredients to your taste...keeping everybody happy!








Post a Comment

© sofia catita world. Design by Fearne.